Thursday, March 8, 2012

Mazda - Interesting Articles and CX-5

I was browsing the Globe and Mail Drive articles today as usual and came across an interesting article on Mazda  http://www.theglobeandmail.com/globe-drive/new-cars/auto-news/mazda-needs-the-bmw-blueprint/article2361367/

You should check it out but I really can't see Mazda becoming a luxury brand.  They have been going for affordable zoom-zoom for years now.  One thing that doesn't happen in the car business from my experience is a normal brand becoming a luxury brand or vise-versa.  I can't ever imagine myself paying a BMW price for a Mazda.  It's one thing to upscale your brand but all of a sudden you find yourself playing with the big dogs and not selling a single car.  I mean I love my Optima and it is a great vehicle but also about $15,000 cheaper than a similarly equipped BMW, which is why I bought it.

The other good article I saw was on the new Mazda CX-5 http://www.theglobeandmail.com/globe-drive/new-cars/reviews/mazda-cx-5-raises-the-bar/article2361372/?from=sec2965

It looks like a great buy if you are looking for a nice fuel efficient compact SUV.  The thing about compact SUVs is that once the new Escape and Rav-4 hit the showrooms later this year there won't be many new models for several years with Honda, Toyota, Mazda, Ford, Hyundai and Kia all having new vehicles out.  I have no idea what GM is doing these days.

This new sky-acitv technology really seems to have some teeth.

No comments:

Post a Comment