Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Winter Driving in my Kia Optima


So winter made a return visit to St. John's today.  Just when all the snow was about gone we got walloped with 25 cm of fresh snow, luckily most of it fell on the other side of the street due to the accompanying 100 km winds.  As you can see from the pic my driveway is basically snow free without any shovelling on my part while they are bogged in across the street.


Everything was closed up this morning due to the blizzard but by lunch time everything was all clear and I made my way into work.  I am definitely going for the 16" winter tires next year.  Traction control came on about 8 times on the way to work, which is only about 5 km away from my house.  I liked the heated seats and steering wheel though.  I never had any real problems with the snow but big difference than the Pilot, definitely recommend winter tires!

No comments:

Post a Comment