Sunday, April 29, 2012

Yellow Car Spots

I was out cleaning the cars yesterday and noticed little yellow spots all over my better half's White Mazda 3.  They look like little rust spots, you can see them in the picture about.  When I looked really closely at mine I could see a couple of very small spots like this as well but her car had dozens of them all over the lower half of her doors.  I posted on autos.ca for their advice and was directed to this thread:

http://www.autos.ca/forum/index.php/topic,78480.0.html

I decided to buy some of the TRIX product mentioned in the article, I will let you know how it works out.  The clay bar route seemed like a lot of work and potential for disaster. Apparently the spots are iron particles that get embedded in the paint from transportation and other various sources and need to be separated from the paint for proper removal.  This can be taken care of with a good paint sealant / wax like the Poorboys EX-P Sealant I applied yesterday (see yesterdays post).  The spots are most notable on white paint but are actually on most cars that are not protected.

No comments:

Post a Comment