Monday, July 2, 2012

It's about time for a post.

Not much happening in the car area these days but my oldest son now has a job so I am thinking it would be a great project to find him a beater that we could make look nice.  Then I called the insurance company.... $3600 for insurance on anything boring.  Apparently young people crash their cars a LOT.  Now I mean if my car came back slightly damaged I would be upset to say the least so either way is a risky proposition.

Imagine the fun and interesting posts I could have dealing with used car salespeople for a couple of months!!!  If at some point he could no longer afford the insurance we could always sell the car I suppose.  The invaluable lessons in car buying my kids could learn.

Sounds like fun to me.

By the way.... I still love my optima.

4 comments:

  1. I'm about to get a 2012 EX+ (w/sunroof), white exterior, black interior, and I couldn't be happier! What a car!

    Reading your blog definitely helped me get a better sense of the features of the car, so thanks for that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, tell them I recommended you and they have to give me $50!

    EX+, I think the only differences are mainly the rims, heated rear seats and audio system. I guess you figured you didn't need all that? They look nice in white, you're gonna love it.

    And for heaven sakes, don't buy all the extra crap they try to sell you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Got the car on Monday night - absolutely love it!

      Delete
  3. I am guessing I never got my referral bonus.... So did you get any of the extras?

    ReplyDelete